HITOX and HITOX GRAY
HITOX (high grade titanium dioxide) is a high quality, cost-effective, Beige Colored Titanium Dioxide Pigment produced both at TOR Minerals- US & Malaysian plants for worldwide use. In products which require opacity and color, HITOX can reduce the amount of expensive organic & inorganic pigments as well as white TiO2. HITOX is offered in a 3 different particle sizes from STD (standard) 1.5 microns for medium to low gloss requirements to ULX = 0.8 microns and SF= 0.45 microns for maximum gloss and opacity. HITOX is used in a broad range of Paint and Coatings and Plastics applications including Architectural, Coil Backers, Powder, Container, Wood, Traffic, Paper, Primers, Adhesive & Sealants, Roof Coatings and PVC.
HITOX GRAY is produced in Malaysia and well suited for use in Gray Primers, Powder Coating, Decorative and Industrial Paints. In addition to Cost Savings, HITOX GRAY can eliminate or reduce the use of black pigments which are typically difficult to incorporate due to floatation problems.
To sum up, HITOX is three things in one product:
A Color Pigment
• Neutral buff color or gray
• Chalk resistant, meeting ASTM D476-84 Type II and Type III
• Chemically 95% TiO2 but behaves like a color pigment
• High refractive index, good opacifier
• Uniform particle size offers consistent tint strength
Stable and Safe
• Good resistance to acids, alkalis, solvents and chemicals
• Does not react with media, resins, or other pigments
• Compatible with all resin systems
• Non toxic, fiberogenic, carcinogenic, or allergenic
• Heavy metal free